Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves 14
Zest of 1 orange
2¼ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
¹⁄₃ cup agave nectar
¼ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ cup low-fat buttermilk
¾ cup orange juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, orange juice, and orange zest.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, agave nectar, canola oil, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
3. Combine the buttermilk mixture and blueberries with the dry ingredients. Mix items by hand until
4. Place the batter in a baking dish that has been coated with flour. Pat into a circle with a diameter of 8
inches and a thickness of 34 inches. Using a knife, cut the circle into 14 almost-completely-through
5. Set the baking dish on Rack Position 1, select Convection Bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius), and set the timer for 20 minutes.
6. After cooking is complete, remove the pan and examine the scones. They should be lightly browned.
7. Allow the wedges to rest for 5 minutes before slicing them entirely before serving.