Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 34 minutes | Serves 4
½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
4 (5-ounce / 142-g) bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed
1 tablespoon mirin
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sugar
6 ounces (170 g) snow peas, strings removed
⅛ teaspoon lemon zest
¼ cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1. Combine the broth, ginger, pepper flakes, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Stir to fully combine.
2. Pierce 10 to 15 holes in the chicken’s skin. Coat the chicken evenly with the broth mixture by tossing it in
it. Allow marinating for 10 minutes.
3. Place the marinated chicken on a platter and blot it dry with paper towels.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of marinade with mirin, cornstarch, and sugar. Stir to
fully combine. Microwave the mixture for one minute, or until it becomes foamy and thick. Set aside.
5. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket, skin-side up.
6. Place the basket of the air fryer in Rack Position 2, select Air Fry, set the temperature to 400 degrees
Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius), and set the timer for 25 minutes.
7. Flip the chicken halfway through the cooking process.
8. At the end of cooking, brush the marinade mixture onto the chicken skin. Continue air-frying the chicken
for a further 5 minutes, or until it is glazed.
9. Remove the chicken from the oven. Allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes.
10. Mix the snow peas with the lemon zest, garlic, salt, and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Toss
to coat evenly.
11. In the basket should be placed the snow peas.
12. Place the basket of the air fryer in Rack Position 2, select Air Fry, set the temperature to 400 degrees
Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius), and set the timer for three minutes.
13. At the end of cooking, the peas should be tender.
14. Once the peas have been removed from the oven, mix them with lemon juice.
15. Serve the chicken with lemon-seasoned snow peas.