Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 minutes | Serves 4
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
2 hard-boiled egg whites, chopped
1 (1.2-ounce / 34-g) slice low-sodium, low-fat American cheese, torn into pieces
3 tablespoons low-sodium salsa, plus additional for serving (optional)
4 low-sodium whole-wheat flour tortillas
4 toothpicks (optional), soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1. Make the filling: In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly incorporate the egg, egg whites, avocado, red
bell pepper, cheese, and salsa.
2. Create the burritos by: Place the tortillas on a clean work surface and place a quarter of the prepared
filling in the center of each tortilla, leaving 1.5 inches on either end unfilled. Fold in the opposite sides of
each tortilla and roll up. If necessary, fasten the center with toothpicks.
3. Transfer the burritos to the air fryer’s basket.
4. Place the air fryer basket on the baking pan and slide it to position 2 on the rack. Set the temperature to
390 degrees Fahrenheit (199 degrees Celsius) and the timer to four minutes.
5. When the burritos are finished cooking, they should be golden brown and crunchy.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve with salsa, if preferred.