Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves 12
1 cup mashed banana
½ cup bran
½ cup low-fat buttermilk
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup grated carrot
2 egg whites
1. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
2. Stir together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, but avoid overmixing.
3. Pour the mixture into the muffin cups.
4. Put the muffin tray in Rack Position 1 and select Convection. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205
degrees Celsius) for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the meal from the oven and allow it to rest for five minutes.
6. Serve heated or at room temperature.